Tuesday, October 28, 2008

“See what I mean?”
“Ok. So you had a dream about this place. Tell me.”
“Well, [ahem] it’s the second one I’ve had. But they’re both the same. They start out that I’m in here. But it’s not day or night. It’s kinda half night, y’know? But it looks like this except for the light. And I’m scared like I can’t tell ya. Of all people, you’re standing right over there, by that counter. You’re in both dreams and you’re scared. I get even more frightened when I see how afraid you are, and then I realize what it is. Behind this place, there’s a group. It’s the Dorset Reality Group. They’re the ones who are doing it. I can see them through the wall. I can see their faces. I hope that I never see their faces outside a dream.”
“You know that Townsend is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dorset Reality Group. It’s like their showroom. The FIELD, any simulations, it’s all courtesy of them.”
“Holy shit. No wonder everything is so fucked-up.”
“You’re telling me. Here, I’ll show you. Look at this. I have a copy of one o’their contracts.”
“How’d you get that?”
“Don’t worry bout it. See? They’ve been around since 1975.”
“Whoa. That’s so weird.”
“I know. What were they doing back then?”
“Research and development?”
“I guess so.”


Investment Services and Management
We have earned an enviable reputation for providing quality and effective asset management, commercial marketing, and investment services. Dorset Reality networks with many professional associations in related industries to enhance and expand both our information and services, for the benefit of our clients. Our proven ability and high level of service will enhance your long term operations and performance.

A. Dorset Reality adheres to the Professional Code of Ethics of the Reality Board.

B. Dorset Reality prides itself with its attention to proper maintenance. We oversee staff, contractors, and service trades to ensure that they are conducting their work properly. We can provide preventative and long-term maintenance programs which will be monitored and followed-up by our managers. Our managers and professionals utilize all of the sophisticated technical tools available in order to provide effective reporting, and to enhance our marketing strategies.

C. We will forward (as directed) the net income proceeds to the clients directly, or to their bank account after any expenses that are applicable. All trust accounts for the client are placed in interest bearing accounts at a chartered financial institution. We have established trust account programs which provide for limited amounts of banking fees (or if a minimum deposit is retained NO banking fees), with competitive rates of interest being paid.

D. We shall assist in preparing an Annual Operating Budget with realistic objectives for required operations.

E. We will assist the client(s) in obtaining comprehensive insurance coverage. The cost of the coverage shall be discussed in detail along with other general insurance issues. We are able to obtain very competitive Insurance Coverage Programs from the insurance firms with which we deal.

F. The management fees for our services are very reasonable. Our management fees are usually based either upon a percentage of the income to be earned by the client, or are set as part of a projected Annual Budget.




“Ethics of the Reality Board my ass.”
“Yeah, they’re probably like, ‘A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.’”
“Right. ‘A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.’”
“HAHHAHAHaaaa. Heh.”

No comments: