Wednesday, January 10, 2007

-effectively decidable: there is a procedure that will give you a result
Impairment. Unless there is another diagnosis in addition to GIDAANT, the impairment is generally restricted to conflicts with family members and other people regarding the cross-dressing.
-Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
(Third Edition - Revised)

“They were fine. I was - I mean, we was gonna close the deal but then Chu - uh, Billy, insulted one o’them. And the heavy set girl said that I had a receding hairline and I was a few pounds overweight, and I was like, ‘Go fuck yerself.’... Are you getting any of this, pal? Hello, you still there?”

“Yeah, sorry. I’m done. Lunch, I mean. Sorry, I gotta get goin. I think I was’posed to be outta here, you know, ten minutes ago, or somethin.”

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to talk your ear off or anything. I just got going, y’know how I am.”

“Yeah, it’s ok. I’ll see ya later, ok man?”

“Yeah. Sure, sure. When you gotta go, you gotta go. Get yer ass on outta here.”

“Yeh, yeah. See ya later.”

Next. Who’s next on today’s list? I consult my pilot, whom I bin lovingly referring to as “Maro” for years. Maro calls out, “Spark”. Of course, das right. I’Spark. 

The ‘nametemplate’ field gives a file name format, in which “ “ will be replaced by a short unique string to give the name of the temporary file to be passed to the viewing command. This is only expected to be relevant in environments where filename extensions are meaningful. 

“Sparkolater.”
“...”
“So, man. How you at?”
“...”
“So, yeah. Good story.”
“...”
“Right. Well, maybe I’ll jus go’ver a few notes while your here, if you don’t mind. ”
“...”

Catatonic stupor: motionless, apathetic state in which one is oblivious or does not reacto external stimuli. Motor activity is nearly non-existent. 

I’m all out of ideas right now. I really am. Fuck. Note that the above specification implies that comments must appear on lines all to themselves, with “#” as the first character on each comment line. If the control unit is designed to extract the program from memory, decode the instructions, and execute them, a program can be changed merely by changing the contents of the memory instead of rewiring the control unit. To the extent that deviance is characterized as physical dysfunction, medical institutions become arenas for the control of such deviance. As Foucault suggests, the exercise of discipline presupposes a mechanism that coerces by means of observation; an apparatus in which the techniques make it possible to see, or to induce, the effects of power. 

The means of coercion make those on whom they are applied clearly visible. How does an individual reconcile actual delay when subjective experience reports no delay? Well, it turns out that the subjective timing (i.e., the timing that an individual experiences) is referred back to the arrival of the initial impulses which are “fast projected” into conscious experience. Something is filling in the gap, though the primary response (reception of the impulses through backwards referral) does not, itself, elicit a conscious experience. What one learns, or can learn, from a signal (event, condition, or state of affairs), and hence the information carried by that signal, depends in part on what one already knows about the alternative possibilities. 

I plan to trace this development by assessing the way in which several key figures in the history of treatment methodology... Catalepsy, a state that entails “some consciousness without consciousness of the ego”, is identified as the most rudimentary form of total automatism. But is the damage permanent? 

So, if I mine down far enough I can get it back, totally intact, or what? During total automatism, it seems as though the entire personality disappears from consciousness; every aspect of the self or the ego is subsumed by a level of the unconscious. These seem like workable descriptions of the conscious and the unconscious mind. They both presuppose a subject that can be conscious of his/her entire personality. 

This whole personality can then be split up into pieces that continue to develop at a subconscious level. He identifies voluntary attention as an implication of the function of reality, however, if such attention is voluntary then it seems as though it must not be an implication of anything other than the subject’s own will. 

Not too much time, just enough to wonder what I should be doin right now. Thinkin bout what I should be doin, I s’pose. 

No comments: