Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Lately, Carey been thinkin bout some Kent fellow.

“Things between Kent and I are going really well. He and I went to Six Nations... with my brothers last week. I got... Rollercoastering... through... through... even LIKED... he got... with wife and son... to Chicago... visit because... other brother is graduating... University of Chicago. He’s going to be a doctor!! So last week the whole family, and of course Kent spent lots and lots, well too much family time together.”

Makes me think o’Spark for some reason. Cocaine intoxication and phencoyclidine (pcp) intoxication may cause a similar clinical picture, and can be distinguished from Amphetamine Intoxication by the presence of amphetamine metabolites in a urine specimen or amphetamine in plasma. Mild: anorexia and irritability, vomiting, constipation. Severe: physical/mental retardation, very irritable, squint is common, lower lip hangs loosely.
Latest chick-flick. What is the latest chick-flick? I am fumbling with a name in my mind and then I got it.
“The Bridges of Madison County.”
Long pause. Yes? No?
She bursts out laughing. I guess it was just too much for her, though I’m not really sure why at first. Is it that her friends and mine don’t mix? Maybe even the idea that I have friends at all? Maybe I should’ve suggested “Evita”. Anyway, at least she’s got a handy excuse ready for me. She says she can’t because it’s her brother’s girlfriend’s birthday on Saturday and she has to go because it’s like some sort of family thing or something.
“Yeah, I understand. Shit like that is hard to get out of. Maybe some other time.”
“Yeah, maybe some other time.”






According to Ellenberger, in Psychological Automatism, Janet identifies only two levels of consciousness: a function of synthesis and an automatic function. Unfortunately, this distinction doesn’t seem to be quite justified. Perhaps what is meant here is a distinction between voluntary functions and involuntary functions.
When’s Carey gonna get here? She late or what?
Time. We slow time down because we travel through it with our own mass. The way in which we experience time is different from the way in which it actually exists (most likely). Space-time is distorted (created) via mass. Without mass, the universe would not exist. It would be over in an instant. Mass stretches time out... functions as a continuous loop, a closed sequence of events that occurs over and over again. The map becomes as big as the world. As long as you keep looking, the map will be there.

Each user agent must clearly obtain the configuration information from a common location, if the same information is to be used to configure all user agents. However, individual users should be able to override or augment a site’s configuration. The configuration information should therefore be obtained from a designated set of locations.

Ok. I guess, well, I guess’he just ain showing up, eh, Maro? -2 min. Oh my gawd, ok, I’m gonna skip through... Italian rain gardens, a whole range o’different activities: children’s play, skateboardin... More Foucault (again),

"The drawing up of 'tables' was one of the great problems of the scientific, political and economic technology of the eighteenth century: how one was to arrange botanical and zoological gardens and construct at the same time rational classifications of living beings; how one was to observe, supervise, regularize the circulation of commodities and money and thus build up an economic table that might serve as the principle of the increase of wealth..."

Windemere Hill: tall grass meadow. How to gain access to a site. Another case of this rewiring, might result in simply not feeling attitudes that were once considered reactive. Thus, we would only experience a certain numbness where before we felt attitudes such as forgiveness, love and anger. One could simply learn to control those attitudes over which one previously had no control. Certainly, if anything, this would be living in accordance with the facts. This kind of control would have to surpass the ability to decide when one would fall in love, when one would feel anger or hurt, or pride and respect.

Hey, I just found a post from Carey. It jus got put up here today. Weird. Right now, in fact. Strange... Whispering bout an overpass. Botanical gardens, Italian community who funded a lotta this: the rain, youth, sustainability, couple of last comments.

Oh, another meeting now, eh, Maro? I’m tryin to find a place to sit myself. Looks like everyone’s jus bout here. Guess I better get myself a seat. I’m gonna try sittin beside the Cock for a change. He’s sorta surrounded by student reps here, but I see an empty seat.
“No room! No room!”

“I don see any wine, man,” I’m sayin to him.
He’s bout to say somethin to me, but a loud bout o’raucous laughter interrupts him. Someone nearby is tellin jokes.
“Then the patient says, ‘I coulda been a psychopath.’ So, I say, ‘Don’t worry. If you’re wrong, you won’t lose your head.’ Haa haaa haaa.”

Jane: “... integrated storm water drainage, all permeable surfaces, this is the last...”
Silence. Jane waits a beat, “... Opportunities for public recreation, a dream about using... a lot of good thought from the community...”

“Jane, I know I’m already in trouble... giving the opportunity, gets a little confusing... Don’t take these images literally... Cultural programming... How we use our spaces... celebrations... Urban ephemera... Everything I’m going to show you is temporary... Barcelona... From an architectural point of view... How you experience festival space... Resonating in the city... Must come from citizens... for and by citizens... Always think what makes this site specific? A few hundred fairs, programs... Just a sampling... 30 ethnic parades, markets, holiday festivals, free events but revenue keeps our department going... large public gathering. Outdoor film festival... What we do is we highlight a short created by a Chicago filmmaker. ”
Wait a second. Chicago?
“A lot of different neighborhoods... Mayor became obsessed with puppets, puppetropolis... Four or five shows every day... ‘Punch and Judy.’”
Sounds pretty GAY to me, ha ha.
“Fun... local Chicago company, Sears re-opening downtown... Four Australian actors... Created a four room home... Human puppets...”
Who, I’m feeling a little uncomfortable here. I wonder if anyone else is feeling uncomfortable. Maro, are you feeling uncomfortable? Maybe I should be taking my meds right bout now. Is this what people call a panic attack? Whoa.
“Social dance, live music... Dance instruction... Summer dance, instruction before music starts... Activity that doesn’t cause problems, y’know?”

“Every Sunday, noon to 2pm, first to act resistant... police would not beat up on senior citizens... Really wonderful event, beautiful fire festival, keeps them from burning the town down.”
Ha ha ha. Here, the known laws of physics break down in time.
“... Creating floral carpet, just looks so wonderful... Montreal: island in old waterfront, plant sculptures, not an inexpensive project, civic morale...”
CLAP
“In 1850... small light parade tied in with a religious ceremony... December 8th, entire lighting of the city... Light installation on river... warming centre... Water fire: one of the most intimate, emotional experiences... Pulled asphalt up in the nineties...”

No comments: