Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Y'know, sometimes I get so flushed. It's interesting. Do your palms ever itch?"
I awoke to the sound of Colette's voice. She was sitting on the edge of my bed, smoking something in a long cigarette holder.
"You do realize this is a non-smoking room? No tobacco smell. That's a pretty nice consideration for the business traveler."
"Carey, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just... let it happen. Could be Gauloises wherever you feel like smoking, a catnap, or two cups of good, hot, black coffee."
"I'd take you up on the coffee but that would be your second treat of the day, wouldn't it?"
"When was the last time you treated yourself?"
"Huh?"
"Tomorrow afternoon we're gonna meet with Mirj and Josie at the saloon, and we're gonna drink cosmos, AND we're gonna plan a day together at the spa. Got it? Think of this as a team-building exercise."
I'm covering my head with a sheet, wishing it was all just a dream. I don't even hear Colette leaving but by the time I decide to get up and at'em, she's gone.

No comments: