Tuesday, March 11, 2008

“Oh my gawed.”
We stop and stare at one another.
“We could get Christine and all of her freakin sisters together, y’know how incredible that would be. They’re practically like a gang in and of themselves.”
She definitely had a point there. I was beginning to understand her position, though I had noticed dat she had yet to mention de names of any men. But I didn’t wanna press it at dis point cuz I didn’t know how she was gonna react to me questioning her on somethin like dat.
“You an I both know that the legal system don’t do shit anymore. It’s my duty as a good, tax-payin citizen o’this city to take matters into my own hands. We gotta make sure that this don’t happen again. Hey, ya wanna join us?”
She’s got my arm in her grip an the grip is gettin tighter as she speaks. She’s lookin me straight in d’eye an what I see in her face scares me to death. I’s like der’s a demon comin outta her. Her face has been taken over by somethin completely beyond her.

“Now, to understand what had me so frightened you gotta know a bit about Prin...”
Jo is looking at me kinda strangely. Had’is look for mosta my narrative.
“What’s wrong?”
“You’re really taking this memory shit to heart, aren’t you?”
“Well, i’s my job to...”
“Yeah, but X, I think you’re taking some of this a little too personally. YOU know that these aren’t YOUR memories, right?”
“What? Yeah, of course. Of course I know dat. What’dya think I am... What?”
...
“Well, I should be goin anyway. Maro’s calling me. I done stayed here too long anyway. Talkin yer ear off an shit.”
“That’s why I’m here.”
“Yeah, and I appreciate it, Jo. I really do. I’ll see ya later.”
Granted I didn know Prin too well at dat point, but still de little I did know was enough to tell me dat she might have gone over d’edge there. Why does Jo hafta be such a prick sometimes. Ha, oh dat was good. Funny. Gawd, not my memories. Fuck. Maro, pull up dat fuckin email. You know d’one. I’ve looked at it like 1000 times. Yeah, da’s de shit.

August 16
I have included the list of things that I can remember that I have, I probably have more in terms of stuff for the kitchen but as you can see I do not have alot of furniture. Perhaps we can go shopping after we’ve moved in if we need more.
Anyway.
I am not a big television watcher, but I am addicted to movies. I saw Super Cop with Jackie Chan and Michelle Khan last night, it was awesome. I am really impartial in musical taste - the only music I can’t stand to listen to is Phish. In terms of my living habits - my bedrooms are notoriously trashed - mostly with clothing or books - I love books. You mentioned that you were a fan of the ‘stacking’ cleaning technique - I am also. I am much better at keeping the other areas of the house clean (as opposed to my bedroom). I love to cook - I love food basically - especially food from other cultures.
I was really excited when I saw that your favourite tv show is Northern Exposure - mine is too. I also can’t believe you love water - I do too. Every time I get near water it ends up all over me or me in it.
I can’t think of much else. I think (I hope) that I’ll be pretty easy to live with, but at any time if you have any problem with anything that I do please tell me - I’ll do the same.
The first person to move into the apartment needs to call the landlady and tell her what day we need the keys by (and ask her where to get the keys, also).
Anyway, I’ll see you soon. Sincerely, Prin (that’s my nickname, in case you were wondering)

No comments: