Monday, January 28, 2008

“If we want a truly deep understanding of consciousness, we must descend beyond microscopic levels of analysis to that of atoms and subatomic particles, and even beyond that.”
This definitely where Hobson’s account starts to fall apart. I hope he don’t start to cry today. I don’t even feel like listenin to de rest o’what dis guy has to say.
“How can we know that a mental state is internally accessible?”
I’m getting bored. Time to dissociate...Who is dis group of yuppy hipsters next to me? Texting each other bout ad space and news anchors on websites... I’m gonna interrupt Hobson here, I’m gettin sick of his bullshit: “How do we know when an action is deliberate?”
Everyone in de room jus’tops an fuckin stares at me. I guess dat’s enough outta me for today. But I still have so many other questions: Are these phenomena really as straightforward as Chalmers claims? If so, then it would seem as though the experience of consciousness should be equally straightforward. What is this feeling other than an awareness of mental states? If we have no explanation of how the ‘feeling’ that accompanies consciousness translates into some sort of physical process, then it would seem that we have no reason to believe that mental states can be translated into some sort of physical process. But da’s jus my opinion, I could be wrong, yo. Hey, what happened in de last board meeting? Maro?

No comments: