Monday, September 10, 2007

JoseF walks on to de Field wearin slippers an a smokin jacket. He sits down an lights a smoke. He continues to light cigarette after cigarette, inhalin each one in between comments an de jottin down of ideas. He sits back an crosses his legs. JoseF watches from a distance an lets his mind do the complainin. At de same table, on a differen day, I can recall Prin sittin an restrainin herself from disclosin all her secrets. But once again, I digress. I must focus on today’s earth-shatterin, mind-numbin non-events, on whatever is happenin before me. Les’ee.

SPY #060997 007

REPORT #2

DAILY OBSERVATIONS:

There’s quite a few ravens around here.

One of my teachers is pregnant. I hope she doesn’t pick me to hate.

DRILL EXCERCISE

This pretend mission came from my grandfather, well, I guess not directly. See, he mentioned in a letter that he used to come to Chicago pretty often on business trips a long time ago. He stayed at a hotel called the Knickerbocker. He looked on my mom's street map of Chicago when she got back but I guess he couldn't find where it was supposed to be. So, that's what I'm going to do. It's not a real mission because there's really no point in it but it's good practice. Anyway, I just wanted to request permission to pursue this course of action.

“So, this is his second report?”

“Yep.”

“And you believe there is some sort of literary merit to this sort of thing?”

“Yep.”

“Hmmm... Yes, yes. Of course, you’re right. I just had tea and chocs with my mad uncle. Did I tell you that he’s in here? Life here is pretty easy and removed from the world. My Nan fusses over him night and day. Does K Jan have anyone to fuss over him? Well, I guess that’s your department, isn’t it. My uncle’s gained 10lbs for sure. He scribbles out his bad dreams. He feels sure that bad men are going to get him. He watches too many British soaps. Maybe words aren’t really the thing for K Jan. Perhaps what he needs is a good camera.”

“I don’think so.”

“No? Hmmmm... So this young fellow stabbed one of his counsellors, you say?”

“Well, I didn say that, actually...”

“Well, I’ll take him. I’m strong. I’m healthy, though I’m not sure how the whole thing will end up.”

No comments: